For Piano Teachers and Students

I want to collaborate with many piano teachers to offer new ideas, techniques, and ways to improve our studios and give students the confidence to succeed in making music a positive experience

Monday, May 12, 2014

Minute club

I loved this idea and can't remember where I saw it. I started flashcards of the notes for my students. If they were able to name and play the notes before a minute on the stopwatch, they made the minute club. I gave them 4 months to achieve this for the party. It comprised different minute to win it games.  It was really fun and the kids all improved their times each week. I did modify the difficulty levels. Beginners just had 5 notes down and up from middle c, then the staff for everyone, and the advanced students added ledger lines. I think I will continue the club adding key signatures, signs, timings, and other musical terms. I just used the Alfred flashcards that are different colors. It's a fun motivating idea!

No comments:

Post a Comment