For Piano Teachers and Students

I want to collaborate with many piano teachers to offer new ideas, techniques, and ways to improve our studios and give students the confidence to succeed in making music a positive experience

Wednesday, December 29, 2010

Kick Off!

Welcome to my new blog! To introduce myself, my name is Melanie Chambers. I have been a piano teacher for over 12 years. In that amount of time, I have noticed that students do not like to practice. I have researched and applied several things that have helped my students enjoy learning to play the piano. I want to offer those to you struggling piano teachers out there, as well as collaborate on other ideas and techniques that you have found to be helpful. Students can also offer their ideas! We welcome any comments and ideas here!
My personal "aha" moment came after almost 5 years of taking piano lessons. I got introduced to a new type of music, and practicing transformed from a chore to something exciting and a great stress relief. I'd love to hear your transformation stories, as they will leave clues to how to make it more enjoyable for our students!
Thank you so much for visiting and leaving comments and suggestions. I hope this provides valuable information as well as a place to be inspired!

1 comment:

  1. I will be sure to follow this one! I have 3 who don't like to practice.

    ReplyDelete