For Piano Teachers and Students

I want to collaborate with many piano teachers to offer new ideas, techniques, and ways to improve our studios and give students the confidence to succeed in making music a positive experience

Tuesday, October 25, 2011

Christmas is coming!

I love this time of year. I love the music. I do christmas mystery songs for my students to try and guess which song it is. I also start them working on a song for a December recital. I like doing them at nursing homes to bring cheer to the older folks, and it's a free piano spot. It seems to be pretty informal so the nerves don't creep up too much. I team up with another teacher so there is a variety of music. Then after the program we give the students candy canes to congratulate their great job.
My mom would have a "Christmas party" with no parents. She would do games, have treats and the kids would play their songs for the other students. My favorite game was the newspaper game. You roll up a newspaper and everyone has a different Christmas name. Then you call out the names before the "it" person hits you on the head with the newspaper. We loved the game, and the party. It was always a blast.
As far as gifts go, I've made piano bags, classical music CDs, let them pick an extra prize, and treats of course. What do you do for Christmas?

No comments:

Post a Comment