For Piano Teachers and Students

I want to collaborate with many piano teachers to offer new ideas, techniques, and ways to improve our studios and give students the confidence to succeed in making music a positive experience

Wednesday, February 8, 2012

New starts

We have moved yet again, but hopefully this is the last time.  As I begin to think about setting up my studio, one of the things that comes to mind is visiting the local music store.  I've put my name on their list of teachers and found out about the local chapters of music teacher groups.  I have wondered where to start and one of the things I need is to start taking lessons again myself.  I have set a goal to talk to a local teacher who has been here for a long time to find out some tips and pointers.  Those have helped out so much in the past.  And something I'm really excited about is that through my husband's work, I can audit classes at our local college!  I'm going to find some pedagogy classes to take!!  So there are a few more ideas to getting started!
My sister is going to teach my daughter lessons, and I liked her "1st lesson" idea of an assessment.  She has my daughter play what she knows, do some sightreading, and figures out where to go from there.  I think that is a great idea for a first lesson, to get a handle on where the student is before getting them books...That would have saved me in the past!!

No comments:

Post a Comment